Sold by Patricia McCormick is a book about a young 13 year old girl who gets robbed of her childhood. I had myself resisting at many of the sexual parts in this book. But it was so interesting I just kept on reading.
I was resisting because I was so unfamiliar to the text. I mean I knew about human traveling but I never actually read anything about it, and I was also resisting because this girl is the same age as me and I could never imagine myself in her shoes doing the things she did. There was a lot of descriptive parts that are just pure disgusting, but I felt that the resisting made me realize what a good book this really is, because It actually made me think about all these tings that are going on int his world that is just wrong.
i really like what your saying here. This happens to me alot. I find myself reading a book about something really bad or sad, and i feel myself resist the book. But this usually makes it a better book. I resit the book becasue theres a thing in it that's new to me or something i don't want to know about. But in the longrun a like it more because it's almost fresh like i haven't read about it before.
ReplyDeleteI really agree with what you said. I found myself resisting in the book, but can you expand a little more on that? I resisted mainly in the middle of the book when all the disgusting parts happened, but not in the starting or the ending. Did you resist in the starting? If yes then I can understand why. Her life seemed really sad in the starting and she worked really hard. Although she did work harder in the middle. I also liked how you said that these disgusting parts made you realize what was going on in the world.
ReplyDeleteI really agree with you, there are always parts in stories that you resist yourself from being informed about. mostly parts that you are unfamiliar with and that you just don't want to realize is something that people face. i haven't read the book so i cant say things for sure but i heard a lot of people feel that they had to resist the parts that were very vivid, clear, and descriptive.
ReplyDelete