The book Lush is a book about a girl named Sam that has an alcoholic as a father and her experiences with it. I don't want to give too much away because it it a short book and one little detail can spoil everything. This book really got to me because of my uncle, who was also an alcoholic. I love books that I can relate to because then I can really sink my teeth into it and feel what the main character is feeling. Kids with parents that are alcoholics have a very bipolar relationship, when sober everything is fine but when drunk all hell breaks loose ( is that a curse? whatever i dont think it is) Not only is this book a good novel in general but its also sort of a non-fiction book teaching us about alcoholism.
Sam goes through a lot, her mother is fragile and can't really be the mother figure of the family and the father is always drunk. Sam as a young 13 year old girl has to play big sister good daughter and mom and dad all atthe same time to her little brother Luke.
So i recommend this book to any body that likes reading baout teen girls and their problems IGHTTTT IM OUTTTTT <3
i like this <3 lol good job you really showed ur voice, " ighht im outtttt" loll
ReplyDelete